The Ladies AllRide Skills Camps are back in force for the 8th season – Women of all mountain bike skill levels are invited to return for the eighth season of Ladies AllRide Mountain Bike Skills Camps. In an iconic trail destination from the east coast to the desert west, 14 camps are open this spring, summer and fall.
Developed with the goal of inspiring more women to ride mountain bikes, Lindsey Richter, Ladies AllRide Founder and “Inspirational Director,” describes how mountain biking has helped improve her mental health, “and realize what I am capable of, to trust myself more and how to overcome obstacles. »
Richter continues, “I wanted to pass on this knowledge by helping as many women as possible discover their full potential on and off the bike. Our amazing team of certified, knowledgeable, and passionate coaches are committed to our mission to help more people who identify as women experience the benefits of mountain biking. Not only do we teach valuable bike handling skills, but we also inspire them to move through all the uncertain and fear-based thoughts that inhibit growth and success on a bike and in life. We provide the tools to help women understand that the same skills their bikes need to overcome obstacles – determination, balance and momentum – also apply to their lives.
Supported by Liv and SRAM bikes, riders can demo Liv bikes and will also learn bike setup and maintenance skills, in addition to on-bike skills.
Locations for trail and skill construction this year include: Bentonville, AR; Fold, OR; Greater Targhee, Wyoming; Lyndonville and Burke Mountain, VT; whitefish, MT; Flathead Lake Lodge, Montana; and Sedona, AZ.
Registration is now open for all locations at: LadiesAllRide.com
Where (else) to ride and run
- US Open Fat Bike Beach Championship returns to North Carolina March 18-20 – After a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic, the US Open Fat Bike Beach Championship returns to Wrightsville Beach in a few weeks, March 18-20. The East Coast’s largest race of its kind on the beachfront at Blockade Runner Beach Resort, “The US Open Fat Bike Beach Championship is all about having fun and competing on a unique course,” said Race Director David Ellegood, President of the Southern Off-Cape Fear Section of the Road Bicycle Association (SORBA). “The race takes place 100 percent in sand, and each year the course and beach obstacles change, creating unpredictable levels of difficulty.” Registration here and more info on CapeFearSORBA.org and the race Facebook.
- Bentonville Bike Fest runs through 2022 – The Bentonville, Arkansas festival returns for its second year June 17-19 at the Mama Bear pump track next to 8th Street Market, featuring a world record attempt, UCI trials competition and more. Free entry Bentonville Bike Fest jumps even higher and spins even faster this year – in addition to an expanded exhibition, the 2022 edition will include a fondo event and a world record attempt by one of the best cyclists in trial in the world. BentonvilleBikeFest.com
More equipment and offers
- New Niner RLT 9 RDO colors and win a WFO e9 electric mountain bike – Niner’s popular Race Day Optimized carbon gravel bike gets a flashy new look for 2022 in this Blood Red/Silver (shown) and another Avalanche Grey/Slate for the RLT 9 RDO. And from now through March 1, click Fly Rides USA, a Niner dealer in Southern California, and enter to win their WFO e9 fat mountain bike. With 180mm of travel and a powerful Bosch drive system, this bike will have you climbing any hill and descending any mountain in style. All you have to do is visit the entry page and fill out your form. They’ll even ship your prize anywhere in the United States! NinerBikes.com
- Limited Edition KOO Demos x Strade Bianche Sunglasses – KOO is once again teaming up with Strade Bianche and offering a special limited edition pair of Demos sunglasses to celebrate the white roads of sterrato and the beautiful Tuscan landscape. They receive a new “Siena red mirror lens” to protect against the sunlight of the first days of spring and a white road frame already speckled with Italian dust. Limited edition demos sell for $199 / €175, exclusively available at KOOworld.cc
- Restrap frame protectors with white outlines contrasting with darker bikes – Restrap’s simple little vinyl frame protector kit now also comes in white, allowing you to add their contrasting outlines to darker colored bikes. The $15/€13 sticker pack protects paintwork in areas where you mount bike bags to your frame, designed to keep valuable adventure bikes looking their best for longer. Restrap.com
- Short Factory Racing Test Prototype Hunt Proven Carbon MTB Wheels – Isla Short is back for another season of XC racing with the Hunt family, but also with a bit of EWS. We spotted short runs on prototype Hunt Proven Carbon XC wheels with bladed carbon spokes last summer when we profiled his Orbea Oiz race bike. Now she rides a Juliana, and HUnt confirms that these prototype wheels will soon be available to consumers this season. HuntBikeWheels.com